The Ama
Primum Sapienti
2024-02-05 21:23:50 UTC
Ama divers do not look *anything* like the mythical
aquatic ape.

Very interesting almost archival footage from
a Disney travel log. No aquatic apes there.

Ama Girls (Aka Japan Harvests the Sea) (1958)

Case in point -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_(diving)

"Through the practice, many ama were noted to
lose weight during the months of diving seasons."

WHAT? They aren't FAT? How does aa explain this?
Mario Petrinovic
2024-02-05 21:52:22 UTC
http://youtu.be/Iv1ueqj-0Bw
Ama Girls (Aka Japan Harvests the Sea) (1958)
Case in point -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_(diving)
"Through the practice, many ama were noted to
lose weight during the months of diving seasons."
WHAT? They aren't FAT? How does aa explain this?
Yes, they do have FAT, every human has fat (unlike all the other apes,
just like all the aquatic mammals). How do you explain this?
Primum Sapienti
They have some but aa folks think they should be REALLY fat
Primum Sapienti
2024-02-15 01:51:56 UTC
Marc Verhaegen wrote:> Some fanatic who still believes his ancestors ran
Post by Marc Verhaegen
Post by Primum Sapienti
Ama divers do not look *anything* like the mythical
aquatic ape.
Yes, they look very much like our Pleistocene ancestors along S-Asian
coasts:

The Ama are sleek, trim, slender, long legged,
very little fat, nothing like a real aquatic mammal.

Marc Verhaegen
2024-02-06 13:47:00 UTC
Op maandag 5 februari 2024 om 22:52:24 UTC+1 schreef Mario Petrinovic:

... (savanna nonsense snipped)
Post by Mario Petrinovic
Yes, they do have FAT, every human has fat (unlike all the other apes,
just like all the aquatic mammals).
:-) Yes, Mario, of course: humans as opposed to chimps etc. have
- subcutaneous fat layer,
- no fur,
- poor olfaction,
- huge brain,
- flat feet, etc.:
IOW, only complete imbeciles still believe their ancestors ran after antelopes... :-D

Mario, don't waste your time with such fanatic savanna believers:
our Pleistocene ancestors weren't even in Africa, according to recent insights, e.g.

Mario Vaneechoutte cs 2024 Nature Anthropology 2,10007
“Have we been barking up the wrong ancestral tree?
Australopithecines are probably not our ancestors”
open access https://www.sciepublish.com/article/pii/94
Marc Verhaegen
2024-02-06 13:35:35 UTC
Post by Primum Sapienti
Ama divers do not look *anything* like the mythical
aquatic ape.
Yes, they look very much like our Pleistocene ancestors along S-Asian coasts:

Ape+human evolution - modern insights, google e.g.

-David Attenborough Marc Verhaegen

-Gondwanatalks Verhaegen

-aquarboreal