Prejudices in paleo-anthropology
Marc Verhaegen
2024-01-23 12:00:47 UTC
(1) "out of Africa"
(2) "australopith ancestors"
(3) "endurance running"
Which is most ridiculous?

IMO, (3): slow & fat, flat-footed, naked, sweating salt+water, and then running after antelopes... :-DDD

(1) & (2) are easily answered, e.g. Mario Vaneechoutte cs 2024 Nature Anthrop.2,10007 “Have we been barking up the wrong ancestral tree? Australopithecines are probably not our ancestors” open access https://www.sciepublish.com/article/pii/94
JTEM is so reasonable
2024-01-24 03:34:15 UTC
Post by Marc Verhaegen
(1) "out of Africa"
(2) "australopith ancestors"
(3) "endurance running"
Which is most ridiculous?
Endurance running. I mean, just look around! Go to
the nearest busy downtown street corner, or a
shopping mall -- ANYWHERE where there's tons of
people -- and look around! Everyone is WALKING!

Humans are WALKERS!
Post by Marc Verhaegen
IMO, (3): slow & fat, flat-footed, naked, sweating salt+water,
and then running after antelopes... :-DDD
Have to agree.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/740174235998240768
Marc Verhaegen
2024-01-24 15:57:17 UTC
Post by Marc Verhaegen
IMO (3): slow & fat, flat-footed, naked, sweating salt+water,
and then running after antelopes... :-DDD
Have to agree.
I forgot: poor olfaction!
One must incredibly be stupid to believe that we evolved atrophied olfaction to colonize the African savanna...
https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/